Freelance Writer & Editor (2009-Present)
Produces a wide range of SEO website content, including product descriptions and blogs.
Copywriter, Rovia, WorldVentures L.L.C (2016-present)
For DreamTrips.com division of Rovia, write and edit compelling, concise copy for marketing collateral, emails and web content. Write and edit articles for a variety of marketing initiatives, including internal/external newsletters, websites and social media.
- Captures audience attention and delivers powerful message through a few select words.
- Maintains consistency in tone, voice, messaging throughout all marketing material.
Digital Copywriter, J. C. Penney Corporation (2009-2015)
Wrote effective and engaging product descriptions for all divisions across jcp.com and edited/updated existing product descriptions to a standardized format that included search engine optimization.
- Created headings and sub-headings for landing pages and marketing emails.
- Authored and edited buying guides as well as video scripts for men’s apparel and diamond ring brands.
- Consistently met or exceeded goals, performing all tasks within strict deadlines.
Web Copywriter & Editor, Texas Instruments (2008-2009)
Optimized existing copy for web use and edited existing content to maintain consistent tone and messaging.
- Created targeted marketing to educators, students and parents by producing content that accurately reflected the company’s educational technology products and services.
- Served as a project manager for selected communications.
Web Content Writer, Hotels.com (2007-2008)
Researched and wrote hotel descriptions as well as edited existing hotel descriptions.
- Played a key role in the company’s rebranding efforts by writing content for the website to transition the brand look and feel.
- Traveled to hotels and met with on-site leaders to gain information that enhanced the content of the descriptions on the site.
Marketing Writer, AraUSA.com (2007)
Produced original content for marketing brochures, sales presentations and client literature for the real estate industry.
Public Relations Manager & Writer, Pinnacle Corporation (2004-2007)
Wrote original content for press releases, client newsletters, employee newsletters, prospects newsletters, corporate website, internal website, white papers, case studies and promotional materials for trade shows and conferences.
- Designed all material and marked up content in HTML.
- Provided editing of peer material.
Document Writer & Web Content Writer, Verizon Communications (2003)
Collected, organized and formatted corporate literature from multiple sources into one reference document. Proofread, edited and re-wrote documents to meet company standards.
- Researched and prepared content on new products and services for Verizon.com, including writing descriptions of products in plain language that adhered to company writing standards and guidelines.
- Provided accurate updates by entering all information on products and services into the content management system.
Corporate Writer, XIST Inc., Ottawa, Canada (2000-2003)
Wrote, edited and updated website content for multiple government entities. Key clients: Citizenship and Immigration Canada (ww.cic.gc.ca), Industry Canada (www.ic.gc.ca) and the National Library of Canada (www.nlc-bnc.ca).
- Populated XIST.com and company’s intranet with personnel profiles, detailed project information, corporate notices and data for all employees and contractors.
- Conducted web-based research in the area of business development by seeking-out business opportunities and preparing proposals.
- Developed corporate documentation such as policy manuals, product reviews, abstracts and company profiles.
Additional Career Success
Held multiple roles of increasing responsibility and scope throughout a tenured career in writing, research and education. Positions included:
- Program Advisor (Human Resources Development Canada)
- Research Assistant (Acquisitions, Investments & Mergers Group Canada Ltd., Canada)
- Library Assistant (Canada Institute for Scientific & Technical Information)
- ESL Teacher (Conam School, Jihlava, Czech Republic)
- Secretary (Health & Welfare Canada)
- Supervising Officer (Canadian Fitness & Lifestyle Research Institute)